How do you relax? What do you do to unwind after a stressful week, event, argument, deadline, or just the general craziness of daily life? In recent years I have made distressing at the top of my list of priorities.
Here is a list of things that I find most effective and helpful when I’m feeling wound up, stressed or just drained. I hope they help you too!
- A warm bath
- A glass of wine
- My favorite comfort meal or treat
- Going for a walk or run with my puppy
- Reading or watching a favorite tv show
- Listening to my favorite songs
- Calling someone I know always makes me laugh
- Spending time with someone who requires zero emotional effort – – silence is okay and they’re just happy to be with me too!
- Organizing my life with more lists or tidying up
Everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you – – but what’s most important is that you make your mental/emotional health a top priority and you don’t forget yourself, ever.