Finding motivation to work hard during the summer can be challenging. The sunny days and warm air definitely put most people in non-work mode! Here are some tips that I’ve made routine in my schedule to help keep me motivated, focused and moving forward when all I want to be doing is laying on beach with a raspberry margarita haha:
- If you wish there were more hours in a day, wake up earlier.
- If you keep avoiding the same task, it’s not a priority. Reprioritize.
- If you hate that your clothes are getting tight…
- And you don’t know how to start, walk more. Walk everywhere. Just get outside.
- If you’re sick of being sluggish or sleepy by 1PM, start drinking more water and get fresh air.
- If you’re not getting enough sleep, go to bed earlier.
- If you’re stressed out, reevaluate your priorities and do more of what makes you happy.
- If you still haven’t found Mr./Mrs. Right, put yourself out there.
- If you are dating, be thoughtful and don’t play games. The end. Also, don’t date someone just to date someone, be single until you find your person.
- If you want to save more money, you either have to make more money or spend less.
- On that note:
- If you upgrade to the latest technology every six months, you’re doing it wrong.
- If you’re not willing to pinch a few pennies and sacrifice some of your wants, you’re doing it wrong.
Life is what you make of it. You are in control of everything you do. Don’t make excuses or blame other people for things that you have the ability to change.
Oh, and please, please, please. Don’t create a vision board. Create an action plan.
I’ll leave it at that and share one of my new favourite quotes:
“If you don’t like where you are, change it. You’re not a tree.”