I’ve introduced you all to my sister, Danie before but today is her 27th birthday so today I’m writing about sisters – – anyone who has one knows, they can make the best friends or the best foes (depending on the day and the fight). Whether you’re hanging out or freaking out, having a sister to do it with makes it all the more fun!
To celebrate, I’d like to honor my best friend — my sister, Danie. Anyone who has a sister knows that life dealt you a pretty good hand when you got a built-in partner in crime from day one.
So, for my sister — and every other sister — this is for you. Here are 27 reasons it’s so wonderful to have a sister in your life:
1. She knows when something is wrong and calls you on it.
2. When you can’t decide what to wear, you can send her pictures of each outfit and she’ll decide for you. (VERY honestly haha)
3. You know that ridiculously embarrassing story you can tell no one, and I mean NO ONE? You can tell her.
4. She knows everything you’ve ever been through — the good, the bad and the ugly. And she’ll never judge you for it.
5. You don’t have to start WWIII with your friends over who will be your Maid of Honor (if or when you get married). Your sister’s had dibs on that spot since day one.
6. She was right by your side wearing every super cute matching outfits your parents forced on you as kids.
7. She’s seen you at your weirdest.
8. She can share the struggle that is having a complicated last name. (My last name is Delaquis — it is never pronounced correctly – – her new last name, McIntosh is MUCH easier … Mrs. Mc)
9. She always tells you when you look … not so good. And, of course, when you look beautiful.
10. When you’re in trouble she’s the first one you call. And she provides the best support she can.
11. She gives the absolute best hugs and the best “looks” – – you both know what you’re thinking just by those looks.
12. Whether it’s questions about your relationships, life situations, etc. you always have someone to give you life advice or to be a listening ear.
13. She’s the perfect person to vet your significant others.
14. She’s the Thelma to your Louise – – you’re stuck with each other and there’s no one you’d rather be stuck with because she’s the best!
15. She’s the only person you can have a huge fight with and never even doubt for a second whether she’ll still be there at the end of the day.
16. You have someone to grow old and senile with.
17. She might not always have the best solution when you’re in a bind, but she’s always there to offer one. (And oh the stories you two have haha)
18. She’ll always tell it to you straight.
19. Your closet is her closet and vice-versa. Enough said.
20. She’s the one friend who you can be certain always truly has your best interests at heart.
21. Whether she’s older or younger, she’s one of the best role models you have.
22. She’s always down when all you want to do is sit on the couch and watch movies OR if you want to drink wine and go dancing!
23. She knows all your cringe-worthy secrets, like the fact that you have a nervous laugh and can make anything awkward and still loves you anyways.
24. Best. Inside. Jokes. Ever.
25. No one knows your true self like she does. And when you start to veer away from it, she’s always there to steer you right back.
26. You know she’ll be a kick-ass aunt and the best mom (if or when you choose to have children). And she’ll show your kid how to do all the bad stuff — but safely, obviously.
27. She’s your ride or die. Whatever happens in your life, she’ll always have your back!
Happy 27th Birthday Danie – – I love and admire you more than you’ll ever know!! Even though we are a few provinces apart I hope you know that not a day goes by that I don’t think of you and Ryan and that I miss you more than you’ll ever know. I am here for you always and I’m so thankful for you! Hope this is your best year yet!